1.13.2011

Visualize Whirled Peas

OK. Did you KNOW there were Food Rules?

Of course you did.

I am late to the party, as usual, because I just found the Eater's Manual and read it today. It's a super quick read. I can't believe I have managed to chew and swallow all these years without it. And it was a great relief to find out that eating is really not so complicated. I've been doing it mostly right for a while now.

Many people have read and enjoyed Michael Pollan's Omnivore's Dilemma but I have not.

However, I have viewed the documentary Food, Inc. and Pollan is in that.

Did you know he's the brother-in-law of Michael J. Fox?

Did you know the Hanford Civic Auditorium reminds me of the clock tower in Back to the Future?

Right. Forget Back to the Future. Let's get back to the Food Rules.

Boiled down to their essence, they are: 

Actually sticking with the Rules is not as easy as learning them, so to help me measure and keep track of what goes in my mouth I registered at http://www.livestrong.com/. Right now I'm just using it as a food diary, but Lance has kindly provided lots of handy tools and tips for health and wellness there. I might branch out if the food diary thing works for me. We'll see.

Speaking of a tasty morsel, check out GrandGril
enjoying her Mexican vacation: 
I know. !Ay Caramba! Now you are craving something sweet, aren't ya?

Apples and raisins are sweet.

And they are mostly plants.

See how easy that was? I think I'm getting the hang of the Rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment