1.25.2011

I Just Called to Say "I Love You"

I've been getting phone calls from the Bigger Brother for a while now. He figured out long ago how to find my photo and push the green button on his mom's cell phone. He'll probably build his own Droid so he can text me from kindergarten. He already knows the important letters like "O" is for Oma. You can see he's got Thomas firmly in hand and something very important on his mind:


I know this next picture looks kinda cold, but I melted when I first saw it. And again today when I received my first full-blown voice mail from the Michelin Man: "Hi. Oma. Bye Bye. Love You."






































So I called him back just before bedtime and we talked
about choo-choo trains and truck ducks and Elmo and *sigh*
now I just keep replaying his sweet voice message over and over.

I remember back to those precarious first days in Grand Junction when all our energy and love was focused on his well-being...

...now that energy and love is coming right back at us raised to the tenth power.

There is never a wrong time to call someone just to say "I love you."

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. It won't be long before the second one knows which number is Oma on Speed Dial. Firstborn figured it out not long after this age.

    ReplyDelete