1.09.2011

Reading is FUNdamental

Lots of people read for pleasure. I happen to be one. I kept a list on this blog of every book I read from cover to cover last year. I was gratified to see that I read about 40 books in a year. That's not quite one book a week and it does not reflect books I merely skimmed, magazines I read in their entirety, or the many blogs I happily discovered and read through their entire archive.

I am aiming for 52 in Twunnee-leven, and the first one was a delightful Christmas gift from a dear friend; the second a delightful Christmas gift from my sweetheart. I recommend without reservation Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson as well as And The Pursuit of Happiness by Maira Kalman.

This afternoon I watched Maira Kalman's TEDtalk from 2007 and I especially appreciated her comment on being open to the possibilities of not knowing in order to learn something new. I call that "accidental learning" and reading has always been a reliable source of inspiration for me.

If you are interested, you can find the talk here:

No comments:

Post a Comment