11.07.2010

The Breath of Hades

It is early November in California (and everywhere else). The leaves are beginning to turn and a few are falling. Yesterday morning there were gray clouds gathering and a stiff breeze coaxing more leaves off the trees.

I gathered my library books, put on my ruffly grey sweater and walked out into the autumn day.

By the time I returned from my errands I was cursing and sweating because what looked like a refreshing breeze turned out to be a hot wind off the desert. The outdoor temperature was 85 degrees Fahrenheit plus a stiffling wind factor of plus 5 to 7 degrees...

Am I complaining? Yes, as a matter of fact, I am.

And I'm blaming Al Gore. Thanks for the Internet, Al, but I really don't appreciate the global warming thing.

Oh, we could blame it on LA NIÑA (Spanish for "THE" NIÑA), but what fun is that?

Cry for me, Argentina. I know you feel my pain. (It's 90 degrees in Buenos Aires today).

Good thing I got an extra hour of sleep last night. Remind me sometime to tell you how I feel about Daylight Savings Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment