4.24.2010

'Tis the Season

I dunno how you feel about chores, but I like to get past them as quickly as possible. Sometimes it's fun to do everything together on Saturday, but sometimes there is too much to be done and chores threaten to suck the fun right out of the day. To avoid sucked-dry Saturdays we have become pretty good at what I like to call "Divide & Conquer".

I was starting slow this morning when Mr. Last suggested he could pick up our CSA (community-sponsored-agriculture) box while I ran to Home Depot. See how we do that, he goes one way while I go the other and we meet back home in half the time it would take if we did all our errands together. Divide & Conquer.

He also volunteered to fetch our weekend treat of a one half-gallon of Diet Pepsi from the AMPM for $.89. We don't get the half-gallon every Saturday, but many Saturdays it is a guilty pleasure that we like to share.

What? What??

Diet Pepsi helps ease the pain of weekend chores, and it increases the pleasure of a warm spring Saturday. But you know what really increases the pleasure of a warm spring Saturday?

I'll tell ya what.

When you jump in the truck to head to Home Depot and the radio is pretuned to a semi loud AM station that is not airing an obnoxious call-in talk show, but it is airing...

wait for it...



wait for it...



Dodgers vs. Nationals!! Yes, folks, Major League Baseball is what springtime is really all about.

The commentators complained about the 57 degree raw weather in Washington while I was driving around with the windows rolled down enjoying the game with plenty of sun shining down on me!

I am not a thorough sports fanatic, but I do love a little MLB whenever I can get some. 

So Mr. Last gets points for helping divide & conquer, and for fetching the Diet Pepsi, but he really scored by having the truck pretuned to the ballgame! I'll have to figure out a way to sweeten his Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment