1.24.2010

The People's University -- it's free!


Here's my well-used Student I.D. card:



I've been using this one for about fifteen years, but I've been fully matriculated since 1967. And here's some of the free education I'm working on this week:




In addition to the books I borrowed, I also picked up 13 used books for 25 cents a piece. That's right. Untold hours of joy can be possessed for a mere $3.25. Not downright free, but right next to it.

While the school of Life Long Learning may not yield a diploma as precious as one from Stanford or Harvard, the People's University has served me well over the years and continues to be a source of enlightment and joy. If you are a fellow student you know what I mean. If you are not enrolled perhaps no amount of encouragement or nagging can persuade you to join the club. Hey, it's a free country. 

And thank heaven for freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment