7.15.2012

Sunday Dinner With a Side of Pickles

Used to be that "Sunday Dinner" meant beef roast and mashed potatoes. Or perhaps Fire Alarm Chicken (inside family reference to a dish I cooked at high heat that always set off the smoke alarm), and home-baked goodies for dessert.

Those are all good and fine, but today I think I have discovered my all time favorite Sunday Dinner thanks to the Mr. Last and his magic ways with fresh ingredients we happened to have on hand:

































  • Lime cilantro rice
  • Grilled chicken
  • Kabobs of zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and fresh pineapple
  • Grilled corn on the cob
  • Tomatoes & cucumber
After dinner, he even magicked up some rice bowls for tomorrow's lunch by adding black beans, sour cream, and cheese to the leftovers. Fresh, healthy, and delicious.

And while he was busy on his side of the kitchen, I was over on my side with these:
Gotta wait a couple days for them to stew in the juices before I can give you a verdict on the taste, but I made some Refrigerator Pickles using this recipe from Food-In-Jars blog.

They only keep in the refrigerator for a limited time, so it looks like the magic meals we invent in the next few weeks are likely to include a side of pickles.

































No comments:

Post a Comment