1.21.2012

Welcome to My Happy Place

A cozy spot to curl up with the gray sheepskin... 
 ...near the new houseplant in a turquoise pot,...
 Where I can see the twinkle lights in the owl vase...
 ...on the little table with the secret drawer under the doily Grandma made...
 ...that hides the old-fashioned spinning toys.

And just outside the window is a fiery primrose tucked in a pot full of happy asparagus fern...
 ...around the corner from the cement planter filled with kangaroo paw, cyclamen, and another pretty primrose.
 Sweet pea plants are poking out of the ground beyond the hot pink cyclamen in the cobalt pot...
 ...and along the trellis beside the front walk.
So many happy corners on this crisp January morning. 
A hummingbird in the plum tree chirped at me while I took the outdoor photos, so I tried to capture him, too, but the photo is not good quality.
Ahhh...yes...this is a happy place indeed.

1 comment: