1.08.2012

Start Where You Are

It's a new year. You can't go back. But you can start where you are.


Here's some good stuff starting here and now:
-Feeding the birds. They love it. It's a regular Bird Party in the park every morning. I refill the feeders every third day or so. And there is a bully Scrub Jay who squawks in and chases the little birds away, but I guess scrub jays have to eat too.


-Building garden boxes. Mr. Last did all the hard work. I just drove the screws. It may not look like much right now, but it's progress toward feeding ourselves and it also feeds my vision of creating a beautiful and productive garden corner.
-Creating our own little kingdom of "Wohl":
Again, Mr. Last does all the heavy work on this project. I am merely a consultant.
-When the daylight is gone or the weather is not so pleasant, I am reading The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes to be discussed at as part of my charter membership in the 37days Online Book Group. I have wanted to join a book group for ages, but never found one that suited me until now. 

None of this is earthshaking, but it is forward movement toward good. Feeding the birds, building garden boxes to grow food to feed us, improving the place where we live, exercising my mind. 

I'm starting where I am and heading toward where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment