8.04.2010

Julie and "Julie & Julia" and Amy and Meryl

I invited Julie Powell and Julia Child and Amy Adams and Meryl Streep over Monday night for a little soiree (that's French for "party"). The room vibrated with charm and talent.


Well. Yes. It probably would have been a good idea to turn the volume on the TV down a notch. Oh, but the food! and the conversation! and the love! 

Love Amy Adams. Love Meryl Streep. Love the life stories of Julie Powell and Julia Child.

But I can say without embarrassment that Mastering the Art of French Cooking will never show up on my list of projects to accomplish in this lifetime. 

Mastering the Art of Eliminating French Fries and Fatty Foods, however, is a better idea for a person in my condition. 

What condition? you ask. Softer and wider with every passing year, I answer.

Julia Child got a book deal and a TV show out of her Cordon Bleu training. Julie Powell blogged about Mastering the Art of French Cooking and garned a book deal and a movie deal. Amy Adams got paid handsomely to be Julie Powell in the movie, and I'm confident Meryl Streep got paid even more handsomely to be Julia Child (on location in Paris -- it's not easy being Meryl, but somebody's gotta do it).

This Julie enjoyed a delightful evening with the lot of them. I was so inspired that I may pick up Julie Powell's book, and I may even pick up Julia Child's book. Or perhaps I'll just keep blogging until my sweet life dovetails with the life of some other famous personality and media folk come clamoring to offer me book and movie deals.

What??

It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment